Friday, March 16, 2012

Don't You Ever Eat At Home?? #I have an electric stove

My uncle Ken recently commented to me on facebook, "Don't you ever eat at home?". Once we got to Denver, we ate at home about the first whole week, then we got curious.....Pho, kitchen sink burritos, tongue tacos, Greek Saganaki....we were eating machines.... but also, at the same time I GOT CABLE!!! We lived without cable for 5 years.... now I have ALL THE CHANNELS PLUS DVR!! So, I have DVR'd about 13 cooking shows.... $10 Dinners, Barefoot Contessa, Guida.... I just can't get enough of pretty kitchens and instructional videos! The problem comes when I realized over 90% of the homes out here have ELECTRIC STOVES! I couldn't even find an apartment that had a gas stove....One night it actually took 45 minutes to boil a pot of water.....then throw in the altitude and everything gets messed up. It's about as intuitive as cooking on the international space station. Banana Bread? More like.....banana cake. Brownies - your choice rock hard or fluffy as a cloud. Nothing is really coming out right! I did get a high altitude cook book and high altitude flour, not sure if that will help. Tonight's project is Raspberry Bars with specifically state "High Altitude: No adjustment necessary". In the meantime, send me your tips on this electric stove business.......


Feel free to buy me this book:


No comments:

Post a Comment