Friday, March 16, 2012

Don't you know Pho?











The first thing we did when we moved here was buy furniture. We ended up talking to our sales man to ask about where we should get lunch. Anthony brought up "Pho", which we had never heard of.....but had been seeing it EVERYWHERE in Denver. The salesman suggested ONE and ONLY ONE place to get pho..... Pho 79. They are all named numerically, for some unknown reason. But he told us this was THE place in Denver. "Don't eat all day, then go and order a large and you will be good for the whole day!". He described it as "delicious" and "a noodle dish". Well..... the first snowy day we thought some warm Pho would be just the ticket. The place was PACKED, almost no tables available so we though "this has got to be as good as he said". We ordered eggrolls to start and they were the best I've ever had. Then.... the Pho came.... and LARGE was no understandment. It was only $7 so I wondered how "large" it could be? I bet it was close to 3/4 of a gallon....this bowl was enormous. I looked around to see if anyone else had got a large, like was suggested to us. A couple people, but they seemed like Pho Pros. Not me..... after about 1/3 of the bowl I thought I was going to puke everywhere. I should've got chicken or vegetarian by the way, but almost everything included beef..... this was "beef" if you know what I mean.


I'm Pho'd out. For now at least....

No comments:

Post a Comment